Monday, August 14, 2017

Water soluble CBD review

I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced or paid by the company.

As many of you know, I live with chronic pain from a neurological movement disorder called dystonia. It is a condition where muscles in the body (in my case, the neck, shoulders, and back) involuntarily contract, causing awkward movements and postures. For most of us with dystonia, pain is the most common symptom, so I am always on the lookout for anything that can give me and others relief. When it comes to things I ingest, my preference is to go the natural route before medical, but I use a combination of both. In recent months, CBD products have been of interest to me.

CBD stands for cannabidiol, the non-addictive compound found in the cannabis (marijuana) plant, often known as hemp. The other well-known compound in cannabis is THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the principal psychoactive, potentially addictive element. Unlike THC, CBD does not cause a “high.” Both compounds have been shown to relieve many health problems.

As a member of Chronic Illness Bloggers, a network of bloggers focused on chronic illness, I was asked to review BioCBD+™ Total Body Care, made by BioCBD+™, and share my experience. BioCBD+™ Total Body Care is an all natural, water soluble source of CBD, plus Ayurvedic herbs. It is vegan, pesticide free, gluten-free, non-GMO, and contains no soy, nuts, added sugar, or artificial coloring or flavoring. BioCBD+™ Total Body Care is also cGMP certified (the highest certification possible in the nutrition supplement industry), which is an added bonus for me as a consumer. On their website, they provide a certificate of analysis for all of their products so you can see their exact ingredients.



Unlike most other CBD formulations on the market (oil drops, sprays, and topical lotions), BioCBD+™Total Body Care is a capsule just like a typical supplement. The company claims that their water soluble CBD makes the cannabinoids, terpenes, magnesium, and turmeric (curcumin) 5 times more bioavailable (more easily absorbed) than their oil-based competition. According to their website, tests show that 10 mg of BioCBD+™ Total Body Care is the equivalent of taking 50 mg or more of oil-based CBD.

The suggested dose is 1-3 capsules a day, up to 6 capsules. Each capsule has 10 mg of organic European grown hemp CBD, plus Ayurvedic herbs. I began with 1 capsule once a day and increased to 3 a day over the course of a week (2 in the morning and 1 in the evening). I was not noticing any changes at one or two capsules a day. A couple days after increasing to 3 capsules a day, I felt more relaxed with a moderate reduction in pain. At times, I found myself feeling drowsy. If I did not keep active, I felt like taking a nap.

While I noticed a decrease in pain, there was no marked improvement, although I did feel better. Since I had on a few occasions succumbed to less activity because of the drowsiness, that further helped reduce my pain. I continued taking 3 capsules per day, but chose to take only 1 in the morning and 2 in the evening closer to my bedtime so I could be more productive during the day and relax before bed.

When I made this change, pain relief remained consistent, my mind remained calm, and I was less drowsy. I felt more grounded with greater clarity. It reminds me of how I feel after a good massage or acupuncture treatment where I feel a greater sense of calm wakefulness. It was subtle, but I felt less of an edge.

The biggest difference I noticed was with tendonitis in my elbow. It was not bothering me near as much after taking it. This is a big positive, because there were days it was so bad that just shaking someone’s hand would cause screaming pain.

I encourage you to check out their website to learn more about this product and the others they have. It is different from other products I have tried in terms of its formulation, so it may very well be just what you are looking for in a CBD product. The website is also packed with helpful information about CBD and how it works. The company prides itself on customer satisfaction, so if you are not completely satisfied, they offer a 30-day, 100% money back guarantee.

Tom Seaman is a Certified Professional Life Coach in the area of health and wellness, and author of the book, Diagnosis Dystonia: Navigating the Journey, a comprehensive resource for anyone suffering with any life challenge. He is also a motivational speaker, chronic pain and dystonia awareness advocate, health blogger, and volunteers for the Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) as a support group leader, for WEGO Health as a patient expert panelist, and is a member and writer for Chronic Illness Bloggers Network. To learn more about Tom’s coaching practice and get a copy of his book, visit www.tomseamancoaching.com. Follow him on Twitter @Dystoniabook1 and Instagram


http://www.diagnosisdystonia.com/


9 comments:

  1. Love the Nubotany hemp oil is such a great way to relax the muscles and let the oil work its magic haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Good,
    I like to read your blogs. You shared a wonderful information about gmp certified marijuana. Thanks for sharing this amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative blog you shared. keep sharing. thank you.
    Dystonia Treatment in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Full Spectrum CBD

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sure hit! Very informative! All the lessons in the course was taught properly. I can’t wait to use the knowledge I got in naming my business. CBD Oil Tincture Coconut

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. weed for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete